The RouterBOARD Metal 2SHPN from MikroTik is a robust outdoor device that is completely waterproof and boasts of a state-of-the-art wireless transmitter (N-Male antenna connector, 802.11b/g/n, 2GHz) and a 10/100 Ethernet connector that supports MDI-X auto detection. The RouterBOARD Metal 2SHPN is feature-packed with a PoE injector, a 24V power adapter, and two mounting loops.
Orientation for First Deployment
1. Have the antenna connected to the N-Male connector.
2. Using the latches, obtain the Ethernet connector by opening the product case.
3. Put on the Ethernet cable with the use of the round rubber insulator that has been provided. Push the insulator into the opening of the case to make sure that it is tightly closed. You have to put in the cable first if you want to put it through the insulator. After which you will be able to clamp on the Ethernet connector. If however the connector is already on the cable, you have to cut the insulator on one of its sides so you can clamp it around your cable. Unfortunately, this means you will have to sacrifice its waterproof capacity.
4. The RouterBOARD Metal 2SHPN from MikroTik is able to accept 12-28V passive Power-over-Ethernet from an injector. You may have to compensate voltage for loss as per cable length.
5. For configuration purposes, the default IP address is 192.168.88.1 from Ether1. The default username is admin, and there is no password.
6. Depending on the antenna that you will be suing, you should set the gain in the software to be sure that EIRP is compatible with the limit that has been respectively set by authorities. The process is done under the Wireless option.
To have the Metal 2SHPN tightened to a pole, make use of the mounting loops that came with the package. Guide the mounting loops around the Metal 2SHPN through the markings on the edge and around the pole where you plan to have it mounted. Make sure that the Ethernet cable is no more than 2 meters so it does not fall out or damage the pole.
Package contains Metal-2SHPn, mounting loops, PoE injector, power adapter.